Impacted Teeth Torrance CA
Impactions can be caused by improper positioning of the developing tooth bud. This can cause the tooth to fail to erupt into the mouth. Impactions can also be caused by early loss of primary teeth or crowding of teeth. Wisdom teeth are the most commonly impacted teeth. Canines and premolars can also be impacted.
THIS PROBLEM SHOULD BE CORRECTED BECAUSE IT CAN
- cause damage to the root structure of adjacent teeth
- interfere with the sinus cavity
- leave unwanted spaces
- lead to improper functioning of the teeth
- cause premature wear of the teeth
- case asymmetric alignment of the teeth
How can impacted teeth be orthodontically corrected?
Usually the impacted tooth is exposed over the course of a few months and brought into the correct position of the mouth. Correction of impacted teeth may involve a minor surgical procedure performed by an oral surgeon working closely with our practice. This will allow us to then guide eruption of the impacted tooth into proper position.
Missing teeth is the absence of a tooth or teeth that should normally be present. This can be caused by trauma or lack of development.
This problem should be corrected because it can:
- cause improper functioning of teeth
- cause premature wear of teeth
- cause asymmetric alignment of the teeth
- make your smile less attractive
How can missing teeth be orthodontically corrected?
Depending upon the situation, the space can be closed with braces or opened for tooth replacement. A bridge or dental implant are restorative options if a space is created.
Ready to Schedule Your Next Dentist Appointment?
Schedule your next appointment with us today!